The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager with IT experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do:
As a Project Manager, you will manage medium to large scale projects within OIS Project Solutions and will function as a deputy project manager for highly complex enterprise scale initiatives.
This role will provide you an opportunity to support the successful implementation of technology solutions through facilitation and coordination with stakeholders, project staff, other OIS staff and contractors.
In this position, you will define project activities, solve problems, redefine project scope and sequence project activities. You will also lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
What’s in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Project Manager with IT experience, don’t delay, apply today!
Five years of professional project management experience that included leading and managing discrete projects from initiation and planning through closure and evaluation.
An Oregon Project Management Associate Certification or Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute AND four years professional project management experience that included leading and managing discrete projects from initiation and planning through to closure and evaluation.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or a closely related field may substitute for three years of the experience. An advanced degree may substitute for an additional year of the experience.
• Hands-on progressively responsible experience managing major technology projects. Experience must include full responsibility for outcomes of major solutions or components.
• Ability to follow industry standards, particularly PMI (PMBOK) as evidenced by full responsibility for project leadership and outcomes.
• 5 or more years of experience using Microsoft Project to create and manage fully loaded project schedules outlining project milestones.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects through a full lifecycle; initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing.
• Experience creating foundational project artifacts such as project charters, schedules, plans, issues and risk logs and status reports.
• Experience with all or portions of Federal and State compliance reporting including Advanced Planning Documents, Project Closure, State CIO, Legislative and other Federal partner reporting.
• Experience and demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
o Leading meetings to gather input and/or explain goals, processes, plans and statuses.
o Reviewing project deliverables.
o Verifying that project artifacts are completed according to schedule.
o Reporting project status to appropriate stakeholders.
o Conducting stakeholder management in a complex environment with interdependent decisions.
o Managing project organization, monitoring completion status and reviewing large volumes of work assignments and documentation.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Please follow the link below to submit an application.