Congratulations to the New Board Members!
The following individuals have been duly elected for their respective positions of President Elect, VP of Professional Development, VP of Publicity (and Marketing), and VP of Communications (and Technology)! Congratulations and welcome aboard!
President Elect – Craig Hardesty
Before joining the team at St. Luke’s, Craig spent 16 years in project and program management at HP and 6 years of IT management and project management prior to that. Craig has also volunteered on numerous projects at schools and churches in the Boise area. Craig has a BA in History from the University of Arizona, and an MBA from Boise State University. He also holds an Idaho secondary (6-12) teaching certificate with endorsements in History, Humanities, and Music. Craig moved to Boise in 1990. He enjoys playing music, reading, and spending time with his wife and two (mostly grown) children. PMIWIC Board Positions held: VP of Programs, VP of Membership.
Vice President of Professional Development – Sheryl Bishop
Sheryl is a graduate of Boise State with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and a Master’s in Business Administration. She has been PMP certified since 2011 and as of Feb 2018, is PMI-ACP certified as well. She has held board positions with BSU Alumni Association, March of Dimes, Pioneer and Heritage PTA and PTSO Boards, as well as she has maintained websites for Effective Solutions Inc., Boise Habitat for Humanity, Pioneer Elementary School of the Arts, Heritage Middle School and for Summerfield Homeowners’ Association.
Sheryl began her work with PMIWIC, as a volunteer on the Programs team providing registration and technical support services, and has served as the VP of Communications (and Technology) since 2017, while she continues to look for more opportunities to give back to the project management community. PMIWIC Board Positions held: VP of Communications
Vice President of Publicity – Michele Marshall
Michele Marshall began her career as a Business Analyst and pursued IT Project Management and Leadership roles in Data Center Operations for Southern and Northern California based Fortune500 companies.
The next phase in Michele’s path includes Delivery and Sales for Managed, Outsourced, and Workforce Solutions firms serving the food production, manufacturing, retail, and utility verticals with technology-based services.
A native Californian, she relocated to Boise with her husband, Michael, to enjoy biking, kayaking, road trips, and four seasons.
Vice President of Communications – Carleen Horton
Carleen has been in direct support of the SVP/CIO of IT with Blue Cross of Idaho since 2012. After several years of managing projects for the team, she achieved her PMP in 2020. Her experiences vary in projects such as technology implementation, event and conference planning for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, department construction moves and communication management. Prior to working for Blue Cross of Idaho (BCI), Carleen worked for such entities as Franciscan Health System in Washington and Northwest Nazarene University in Idaho. She enjoys giving back to the community and in addition to soon joining the PMIWIC Board, she manages BCI’s annual “Operation Give My Christmas a Smile” gift drive for local foster children, in conjunction with Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. Carleen enjoys spending time with her five children (four of whom are grown) and three grandchildren. She also enjoys activities with her teenage daughter, that include travel, hiking with their dog and restoring furniture.
2021 Election and Nomination Information
Help plan the future of the PMI Western Idaho Chapter by becoming part of the dynamic PMI Western Idaho Chapter Board of Directors team!
- Any PMI Western Idaho Chapter member may be a candidate to sit on the Board of Directors
- You can be part of planning the future direction of the PMI Western Idaho Chapter
- You can earn PDUs for your service as a PMI Western Idaho Chapter Board member
We are looking to fill the following Board of Director positions in the upcoming May Elections!
- VP of Professional Development: Responsible for developing and managing the professional development opportunities for chapter members. This includes managing certification training courses, working with the board to deliver the professional development events, and assist the board with the planning and delivery of special events such as our annual professional development day.
- VP of Communications: Responsible for managing and coordinating board meetings, maintaining meeting minutes, and managing the public presence of the chapter through our website, email and social media channels. This role oversees (and provides) technical support, training and software research for the chapter.
- VP of Marketing/Publicity: Responsible for the development and coordination of the marketing plan for the chapter. This includes managing the chapter’s relationship with other organizations in the community, as well as and developing and maintaining chapter sponsorships.
- President Elect: Successor to the president. To apply for this role, you must be a current or past PMIWIC Board member
Each Board position is a 2-year term, and one candidate for each position will be elected by a majority vote of current chapter members. See the diagram below for information on how the PMIWIC BOD is structured and its terms of service.
For more information on the responsibilities for any of these Board positions, please go to http://www.pmiwic.org/officers-board-of-directors-and-job-descriptions
If you have questions about any of these Board positions, please contact Vicky Smith at email@example.com.
If you are interested in being a candidate, click the Submit Board Nomination button below. Candidate application deadline is 2/28/21.