More information about this job:
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. This involves leading project planning and implementation; facilitate the definition of the project scope goals and deliverables; define the project team, assign tasks and resource requirements; develop project plan and schedule; monitor progress, timelines and results.
- Define Project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Develop full scale project plan.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Lead planning and project implementation
- Plan and schedule timelines
- Manage project budget.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff.
- Manage resource allocation
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Monitor and report progress to customer, stakeholders, and management.
- Create and report reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Monitor and review quality assurance
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs and objectives.
- Evaluate project and assess results.
- Effectively and professionally represent MPI as the customer interface.
- Primary point of contact for customer.
- Responsible to review all customer deliverables and correspondence.
- Lead team in change orders, estimating, and negotiations with customers.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stay informed of industry, market, and product trends.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Level 2 – Fully competent/journey. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in particular field of specialization in the completion of difficult assignments. Usually works under general supervision, conferring with senior staff or leads on unusual matters. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
Level 3 – Senior. Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization in the completion of complex assignments. May cross fields. Works with limited supervision, plans and performs work generally involving the larger and more important projects or more than one project. Operates with considerable latitude for unreviewed action or decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Construction management, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required. PMP certification and/or MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years project management experience
- Computer skills include MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project – or other project management software), MS Visio, Oracle or similar helpful