Sr. Project Manager – SLED
Contact First Name:
Contact Last Name
Contact email addresss:
U.S. West – any city
Regular full time
SAP SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – STATE, LOCAL & EDUCATION
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Senior Project Manager coordinates day-to-day activities of the project. These responsibilities include managing tasks, status, and budget for the entire project – across all stakeholder groups involved with the project.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all team members involved with the project, even if team members do not report directly to the project manager.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the solution that is implemented satisfies the business requirements and delivers the value statement as defined in the business case.
The Senior Project Manager creates, maintains and monitors the project plan, schedule, revenue forecast, and budget and is responsible for ensuring that deliverables and milestones are met and that the project is completed on time, within budget and to the customer’s satisfaction. Identified during the Initiating Process, the Project Manager plays a key role throughout the life of the project.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all SAP Project Management Methodology, Administration and Governance processes are followed for their project.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for accurate revenue projections for their projects.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Manage SAP primed projects utilizing the SAP Field Services Project Management Methodology. Areas of responsibility would include, Project Integration Management – The processes required to ensure that the various elements of the project are properly coordinated – consisting of project charter development, preliminary scope statement development, project management plan development, project management plan execution, and integrated change control.
- Project Scope Management – The processes required to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully – consisting of scope planning, scope definition, creating the work breakdown structure (WBS), scope verification, and scope control.
- Project Time Management – The processes required to ensure timely completion of the project – consisting of activity definition, activity sequencing, activity resource estimating, activity duration estimating, schedule development, and schedule control.
- Project Cost Management – The processes required to ensure that the project is completed within the approved budget – consisting of cost estimating, cost budgeting, and cost control.
- Project Quality Management – The processes required to ensure that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken – consisting of quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control.
- Project Human Resource Management – The processes required to make the most effective use of the people involved with the project – consisting of human resource planning and acquiring/ developing/ managing the project team.
- Project Communications Management – The processes required to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and ultimate disposition of project information – consisting of communications planning, information distribution, performance reporting, and managing stakeholders.
- Project Risk Management – The processes concerned with identifying, analyzing, and responding to project risk – consisting of risk management planning, risk identification, quantitative risk analysis, qualitative risk analysis, risk response planning, and risk monitoring and control.
- Participation in Presales and Project scoping activities
- 7-9 years Project and Program Management, with experience in:
- Delivery of professional services
- Knowledge of SAP solutions, Tools, Architecture, IT functions, Systems Integrators’ Dynamics
- Expertise in Cloud and Agile technologies
- Deep expertise with State & Local agencies
- Public Sector experience is a plus
Regular Full Time
Western United States’
100% travel may be required