Idaho Power — headquartered in vibrant Boise, Idaho — is looking for an Engineering and Construction Project Manager to join our team. Safety is a core value at Idaho Power and during this uncertain time we are dedicated to keeping you, our employees, and our community safe. To ensure safety during the hiring process we will be conducting virtual interviews so that you can move forward in the process without leaving the comfort of your home. Are you worried about starting in a new position at a new company right now? Idaho Power offers the flexibility of working remotely throughout the pandemic, and we will work with you to find a start date and onboarding timeline that works for you.
It’s an exciting time to work for an energy company, especially Idaho Power. We recently announced a goal of 100% clean energy by 2045. Our work plays a critical role in our customers’ lives and in the communities we serve across Idaho and Oregon.
This position is responsible for project management of a variety of transmission, distribution, substation and/or power supply infrastructure projects that achieve corporate goals relating to system capacity, reliability and financial performance. Leads the successful development and execution of project plans, including safety, scope, cost, schedule, cash flow, quality and risk for multi-discipline construction projects. Leads project team members and directs performance of the team to achieve completion of the project on schedule and within budget. Typically leads multiple projects simultaneously.
The senior role is responsible for project management of a variety of transmission, distribution, substation and infrastructure projects that achieve corporate goals relating to system capacity, reliability and financial performance. Using independent initiative, leads the successful development and execution of project plans, including safety, scope, cost, schedule, cash flow, quality and risk for large, complex, multi-discipline construction projects. Leads project team members and directs performance of the team to achieve completion of the project on schedule and within budget. Leads multiple projects simultaneously. Exercises latitude and technical judgment in decision-making and independent action.
In addition to the meaningful work we do, we offer work-life balance, competitive pay and benefits, and both a 401k employer-match and a pension plan, making Idaho Power one of the best employers in the state.
• General engineering, design, and construction principles related to the electric utility industry
• Operating and maintenance principles and methods to the electric utility industry
• The latest methods, materials, estimating, and equipment used in construction
• Company specifications and regulations pertaining to the safe design, construction, operation, and maintenance of facilities
• Project Management practices
• Excellent interpersonal and professional communication
• Effective in written communication
• Team facilitation
• Effective in budget and schedule development and management
• Demonstrated project management skills and related project management software experience
• Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Office products, Passport Work Management, Asset Suite, and PeopleSoft
• Read and understand engineered drawings and diagrams
• Use good judgment in applying established guidelines to solving and resolving problems
• Develop and analyze alternatives
• Prepare written and oral reports
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Work independently and in teams
• Conduct meetings, lead project teams, understand contracts, and facilitate internal and external project conflicts
• Manage and track multiple project timelines, budgets and forecasts
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution, Construction Management or related field
• Equivalent combination of education and experience in journeyman-level electric utility work, electric utility construction design, full-scope construction project management or electric utility construction project resource scheduling, and intent to pursue PMP certification
• Two years of related project management or engineering experience
• Six years of related project management or engineering experience, including at least three years of full-scope utility project management
Licenses & Certifications:
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record based on driving requirements for the position
This position may occasionally stand/walk on uneven surfaces of construction sites up to 8 hours (with periodic breaks) in different weather environments, while wearing PPE. Climbing of stairs and ladders is occasionally required in power generation facilities. Lifting/carrying of up to a 17.5 lb. lap top bag and up to 20 lb. survey equipment is performed occasionally with assistance available if needed. Crouching, kneeling, and stooping/bending is required occasionally. Driving of up to 4 hours throughout the IPC service area is required occasionally. Approximately 80% of the work is performed in an office environment with computer use and phone conversation, requiring sitting up to 8 hours daily. The above is a summary of the primary essential functions of the position. This job may require the performance of additional tasks assigned by company leaders or management. Questions regarding job requirements or accommodation requests should be directed to Human Resources.
Occasional travel with out-of-town stays.
Adaptability, Building Partnerships, Communication, Decision Making, Initiating Action, and Planning and Organizing.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.idahopower.com/careers and complete our online application.
Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex(including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and any other status protected by applicable federal and state laws. If you have questions, or require assistance or accommodation to complete the online application, please contact us at:
Phone: 208-388-2965 or Email: email@example.com
Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer