Lean Six Sigma Tools to Leverage for Effective Project Management
Presented by Yuquan Holloway, PMP | Principal – Holloway Consulting Group
Lean Six Sigma is a continuous improvement strategy that seeks to improve process performance by reducing wastes and defects. There are a number of tools within the Lean Six Sigma toolkit that can help Project Management Professionals scope and deliver impactful projects. During this presentation, I will home in on several effective components of Lean Six Sigma that I have leveraged successfully for years.
- Lean Six Sigma Basics and Connection to Project Management
- DMAIC – Problem solving for when you are not sure what to fix
- SIPOC – Great tool for scoping and bounding a project
- FMEA – Failure Proofing and determining which issues to prioritize
- Daily Stand-Up/Daily Scrum – Staying connected with the team and building strong relationships
You can claim 1.0 PDU for the this Lunch and Learn. The topic aligns with any/all of the PMI Talent Triangle® components.
Read Before Registering
- View How to Use Hopin as an Attendee 2:36 minute video
- Use Chrome or Firefox for best browser results.
- For Apple devices, test device security settings to ensure mic/speakers/monitor are accessible to Hopin
- Note: Attendees will enter the session with their mics and cameras automatically turned off.
- Attendees can “Request to Share Audio/Video” to temporarily participate “on stage” with the speaker.
- Attendees can use the Session Chat window anytime
Register for the Event
- The General Audience Ticket will be pre-selected. Click the blue “Join Event” button. See example below.
- Sign in with an existing account or complete the Hopin event registration form to create a new account. Registration Note: Enter an email address that you want event notifications to go – as well, this email will become the “username” for your new Hopin account
- You will receive a confirmation “You’re in!” email with an Add to Calendar button.
- Be sure to click the Add to Calendar button to add the Hopin link to your calendar for easy access to the event.
- You will receive an event reminder one day before the event, as well as, an hour before the event.
- Click this link to register: https://hopin.com/events/2021-apr-14-lunch-and-learn-lean-tools-for-effective-project-management
Haven’t received your registration confirmation? Contact VP of Communications via email at email@example.com for assistance.
Yuquan Holloway leads Holloway Consulting Group, a consulting practice focused on helping technology teams set goals, create plans, and solve complex problems. She spent 18 years driving successful change in the Information Technology and Supply Chain arena for a Fortune 100 company. She is also a part-time instructor at Kennesaw State University teaching Information Systems Management to Coles College of Business students.
Throughout her career, Yuquan has focused on driving a culture of standard work and repeatable processes, stabilizing and simplifying core applications, reducing critical incidents, and delivering technology projects. She graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Civil Engineering and holds a MBA from Georgia State University. In addition to her success as a leader in the fields of business and IT, she has a personal passion for education and volunteers with youth groups. She often facilitates workshops and teaches classes on project management and process improvement.