Lean and Six Sigma Tools for Effective Project Management – More of the Story!
Presented by Yuquan Holloway, PMP | Principal – Holloway Consulting Group, LLC
Lean Six Sigma is a continuous improvement strategy that seeks to improve process performance by reducing wastes and defects. There are a number of tools within the Lean Six Sigma toolkit that can help Project Management Professionals scope and deliver impactful projects. During this presentation, Yuquan will present a case study that will demonstrate how to leverage lean six sigma tools to drive effective solutions for project managers.
Key Points | Highlights
Leveraging Lean Six Sigma Tools to Drive Effective Solutions – A Case Study
- Current State Capture (SIPOC tool)
- Letting data drive you (Surveys, Pareto)
- Effective Problem Statement
- What is the root cause of the gap? (5 Whys, Fishbone)
- Defining solutions that address the root cause. (Solutions Selection Matrix)
- Let’s make it stick
You can claim 1.0 PDU for this Lunch and Learn. The topic aligns with any/all of the PMI Talent Triangle® components.
Quick Tips for Attendees New to the Hopin Virtual Meeting Platform
- Use Chrome or Firefox for best browser results.
- If using an Apple device, test your device security settings to ensure mic/speakers/monitor are accessible to Hopin.
- Attendees will enter the session with their mics and cameras automatically turned off.
- Attendees can click the Request to Share Audio/Video button to temporarily participate “on stage” with the speaker.
- Attendees can use the Session Chat window anytime.
- View How to Use Hopin as an Attendee 2:36 minute video
Register for the Event – Virtual Doors Open at 6:20P
- Click this link https://hopin.com/events/2021-may-26-lean-six-sigma-and-effective-proj-mgmt
- The General Audience Ticket will be pre-selected
- Click the blue “Join Event” button
- Sign in with an existing account or complete the Hopin event registration form to create a new account. Registration Note: Enter an email address that you want event notifications to go – as well, this email will become the “username” for your new Hopin account
- You will receive a confirmation “You’re in!” email.
- IMPORTANT! Click the Add to Calendar button to add the Hopin Event link to your calendar for easy access to the event.
- You will receive an event reminder one day before the event, as well as, an hour before the event.
Haven’t received your registration confirmation? Contact Lunch and Learn Coordinator, Brian Russell at email@example.com for assistance.
Yuquan Holloway leads Holloway Consulting Group, a consulting practice focused on helping technology teams set goals, create plans, and solve complex problems. She spent 18 years driving successful change in the Information Technology and Supply Chain arena for a Fortune 100 company. She is also a part-time instructor at Kennesaw State University teaching Information Systems Management to Coles College of Business students.
Throughout her career, Yuquan has focused on driving a culture of standard work and repeatable processes, stabilizing and simplifying core applications, reducing critical incidents, and delivering technology projects. She graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Civil Engineering and holds a MBA from Georgia State University. In addition to her success as a leader in the fields of business and IT, she has a personal passion for education and volunteers with youth groups. She often facilitates workshops and teaches classes on project management and process improvement.