How Excellence in Collaboration Creates Better Project Plans
by Lynda Carter, President, Competitive Edge Consulting, Inc., and Dave Davis, Ohio Health, Sr. Project Manager
As projects become more complex, they require collaboration between many different parts of an organization. Creating a common vision and project approach become critical to project planning, approvals and successful project execution.
This webinar focuses on the use of facilitation to drive collaboration into project planning.
Participants will learn the following:
- How collaboration can increase Sponsor, team member and key stakeholder engagement
- Building a collaborative workshop agenda
- Defining project roles and responsibilities for collaboration
- Utilizing project management best practices in a collaborative environment
You can claim 1.0 PDU for this Lunch and Learn. Lunch and Learn topics align with any/all of the PMI Talent Triangle® components.
Lynda Carter, President, Competitive Edge Consulting, Inc – Author, Public Speaker, Building and Sharing Critical Thinking Skills with a Focus on Project Management
Creating value, driving implementation, providing training and coaching to bring out the excellence in your people and processes. Helping organizations: set-up PMOs, facilitate the custom development of project management methodologies, support and coach project managers, facilitate project planning workshops and kick-off meetings, provide mid-project and post-project reviews, and create and deliver targeted project management training (to project managers, sponsors, gatekeepers and team members). I also create custom training solutions where you provide the subject matter expertise and I provide the expertise in adult learning strategies to create customized training solutions. So if you need help with your organizations implementation or on-going support of project management – or a custom training solution for your organization send me a note and we can find the best approach for your organization.
Dave Davis, PMP, PgMP, PBA, ACP, SAFe LPM, CSM, DASSM, AHPP, PMI-ATP
Ohio Health Sr. Project Manager – Thought Leader in Project Management, Agile, and Benefits Realization
Recognized thought leader in Professional with Program and Project Management skills (and am now very involved in the PMI integration of Disciplined Agile). I excel at benefits realization and can connect the dots from various components (projects, process change, data analysis etc.) to an overall corporate improvement. I’m not a quant, but I can give a quant business requirements and then implement effective action based on the data the quant produces. I have had great success as the interface between the customer, the company, and the development initiatives and managing the changes required to achieve higher benefits.
Experienced Program and Project Manager with over 20+ years of leading large scale projects focusing on implementing business change and improvement. Strong expertise in knowledge transfer and eBusiness programs as well as situational analysis and problem solving . Have successfully managed wide range of projects including software implementation projects that combine business transformation, process engineering, customer care, and overall change management. Excels at building positive stakeholder relationships by establishing trust, setting expectations, listening to concerns, and taking action to resolve issues.
All aspects of a PMO
Training / Course Development / Curriculum Planning
Six Sigma Green Belt
Project InVision Administration
MindJet Mind Manager
eBonding Project Management
Business Requirements Elicitation
QUICK TIPS FOR ATTENDEES:
- Use Chrome, Edge or Firefox for best browser results
- Test your Browser/Mic/Speakers/Connectivity with Hopin Pre-Event Check
- Attendees will enter the session with their mics and cameras automatically turned off
- Chat tab is for networking
- Q&A tab is used to respond to questions posed by speaker(s)
- Poll tab is used when speakers have created polls and have directed attendees to participate
- To attend the meeting, click the Sessions NOW icon – left navigation/menu
Register for the Event
- Click this link https://hopin.com/events/june-8-lunch-and-learn-event
- Click the blue Register button
- Select the General Audience Ticket
- New to Hopin? Complete the Hopin registration form to create a new account. Registration Note: Enter an email address that you want event notifications to go – as well, this email will become the “username” for your new Hopin account
- Or, you can sign in with an existing account to complete the event registration form.
- Click the blue Continue button
- You will receive a confirmation “You’re in!” email.
- IMPORTANT! Click the Add to Calendar button to add the Hopin Event link to your calendar for easy access to the event.
- You will receive an event reminder one day before the event, as well as, an hour before the event.
Haven’t received your registration confirmation? Contact Brian Russell, Lunch and Learn Coordinator at email@example.com for assistance.