LOOKING BACK ON 2021: 4 TRENDS, THEMES + LESSONS LEARNED IN CYBERSECURITY
Presented by Eric Regnier
Project Manager and IT Consultant for ZAG Technical Services
2021 was an eventful and impactful year in cybersecurity, where we observed substantial developments from those perpetrating criminal activity as well as those working to defend against their attacks. From structural evolutions in how the criminals do business to government and industry response to the realities of the cybersecurity landscape to newfound awareness for the risks companies carry forward within their organizations daily, the pace of change in cybersecurity accelerated in 2021 with consequences and opportunities presented to those on both sides of the conflict. This discussion endeavors to explore these themes in order to inform organizational cybersecurity strategy and priorities moving forward.
Given the realities of the cyber threat environment, it is no longer a question of if cybercriminals will succeed in the penetration of one’s network, but rather when it will happen and what preparations have been made to sustain business operations. Towards this end, investments in business continuity planning, disaster recovery, data governance programs, and vendor risk management will be key for businesses to not only survive cyberattacks but thrive despite them in 2022 and beyond.
This virtual presentation provides (1) PDUs, and would align with all three of the PMI® Talent Triangle elements: Strategic, Leadership, and Technical.
Eric Regnier is a Project Manager and IT Consultant for ZAG Technical Services specializing in the implementation of cyber security solutions within organizations. He is a former US Navy submarine officer with master’s degrees in technology policy and computer science, holding professional certifications in CISSP, CCSP, and PMP
QUICK TIPS FOR ATTENDEES:
- Use Chrome, Edge or Firefox for best browser results
- Test your Browser/Mic/Speakers/Connectivity with Hopin Pre-Event Check
- Attendees will enter the session with their mics and cameras automatically turned off
- Chat tab is for networking
- Q&A tab is used to respond to questions posed by speaker(s)
- Poll tab is used when speakers have created polls and have directed attendees to participate
- To attend the meeting, click the Sessions NOW icon – left navigation/menu
Register for the Event
- Click this link https://hopin.com/events/2022-march-23-evening-event-lessons-learned-in-cybersecurity
- Click the blue Join Event button
- Select the General Audience Ticket
- New to Hopin? Complete the Hopin registration form to create a new account. Registration Note: Enter an email address that you want event notifications to go – as well, this email will become the “username” for your new Hopin account
- Or, sign in with an existing account to complete the event registration form.
- Click the blue checkout button
- You will receive a confirmation “You’re in!” email.
- IMPORTANT! Click the Add to Calendar button to add the Hopin Event link to your calendar for easy access to the event.
- You will receive an event reminder one day before the event, as well as, an hour before the event.
Haven’t received your registration confirmation? Contact Tanisha Townsend, VP of Programs firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.