Career Management Is Not Just a “One and Done” Destination…
Instead, it’s more of a journey of stops and starts, and route changes along the way. So, be sure to join us on the 27th to pick up some “travel tips” for your career journey!
Panel Discussion Moderated by Janel Peterson, MS, PMI-ACP, PMP | VP of Programs, PMI Western Idaho Chapter
The PMIWIC’s Annual Career Panel event is a valuable opportunity for project management professionals, to enhance their careers and stay updated on industry trends. Here’s a breakdown of what attendees can expect from this year’s event:
- Timely and Relevant: The event kicks off the year with a fresh perspective of current trends and standards, bringing new insights and knowledge to help professionals in their respective fields.
- Knowledge and Skills: Attendees will gain knowledge necessary for pursuing, succeeding, and growing in their professions to include practical advice, best practices, and strategies for career advancement.
- AI and Technology: This year’s topics will cover the impact of AI, including technologies like ChatGPT and Bard. Understanding the role of AI in project management and other professions is crucial in today’s rapidly evolving landscape.
- Methodology Trends: Staying up-to-date with the latest methodology trends is essential for professionals, especially in project management where effective deployment of management methodologies can greatly impact project success.
- Career Management: Learn about career management strategies and transformations which can help you plan your career trajectory effectively.
- Education Opportunities: Discover what education and training employers find valuable for those looking to further their knowledge and skills.
- Certification and Training: Learn about PMI certification and training options that are important for professionals seeking to improve their credentials and qualifications.
This panel provides (1.5) PDUs and aligns with all three of the PMI® Talent Triangle elements: Ways of Working, Power Skills, and Business Acumen.
Meet the Panelists
Todd Norton, Ph.D., Director of Online Initiatives, Boise State University
Todd Norton has more than 15 years of administrative experience in higher education. He emphasizes both the creation of new programs and the restructuring existing programs to meet the professional needs.
Before joining Boise State, he was faculty at Washington State University including Department Chair in The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication; Director of the Center for Environmental Research, Education, and Outreach, and Emergency Management – Training Officer. During his time at Boise State University, he has been the Head for the Department of Communication and Media and is currently the Director for Online Initiatives for the College of Arts and Science.
His interest in Project Management comes from an appreciation for processes which bring people together to accomplish meaningful organizational change.
Amanda Klock, Recruiting & Delivery Lead, Experis (a ManpowerGroup Company)
Amanda is the Recruiting & Delivery lead for Experis, specializing in technology and workforce solutions, and has been leading the local Experis team for over 14 years. She has over 20 years of experience and expertise in talent acquisition/retention strategy, and she is passionate about strategizing with companies and talent, to identify and deliver effective and successful customized workforce solutions.
Amanda serves on the Board of Human Resources Association of Treasure Valley and is affiliated with many other local and national professional associations. She is also active and supports many community and non-profit organizations; Girls on the Run, Builders Club, Guardian Ad Litem/CASA, Idaho Food Bank, and Idaho Humane Society to name a few.
Josh Simons, Sr. Managing Director, Apex Systems
Josh Simons was born and raised in Las Vegas where he met his wife (at UNLV). She is from Boise, so they moved back in June 2019.
Josh started with Apex in December of 2019 and was an Account Manager for 3.5 years before taking the Managing Director position. He loves to cook, golf, mountain bike, and being on the water.
Josh has in depth experience in working with local companies to find top IT talent. He aims to be a resource for the local PMI chapter and is happy to help with resumes, and any questions regarding the local IT job market.
Alison Garrow, MPA, PMP, GFACT, GSEC, Education Director, Mission43 | J.A. & Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation
Alison Garrow is the Education Director for Mission43, where she works to create meaningful educational opportunities for military members, veterans, and their spouses that align with the demands of Idaho’s growing economy.
Alison has over 15 years of experience in project and program management in government and nonprofit organizations. She believes in fostering the development of diverse thought leadership and that quality education should be both accessible and available to help Idahoans reach their full potential.
Alison earned a Master of Public Administration from the University of Texas, Arlington. She currently serves as the VP of Marketing for PMI Western Idaho Chapter and as an Affiliate Faculty member for Boise State University, focusing on project management course design and instruction.
Brian L. Johnson, BBA Management & Economics, PMP, EPMO |Strategy and Execution Director, Blue Cross of Idaho
Brian Johnson has been leading high performing teams in the areas of Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Healthcare for more than 25 years.
He has managed large operational teams for a major national bank, ran a successful consulting company, and acted as the project director for the State of Idaho tasked with standing up one of the nation’s first health data exchanges.
For the past 10 years he has been instrumental in building and maturing the EPMO at Blue Cross of Idaho and in helping to formulate the company’s strategic plans as a Director of the Strategy and Execution team.
Brian is a native Idahoan who loves everything outdoors from skiing in the winter to hiking, biking, and camping in the summer. He’s married with three wonderful children, and a couple of four-legged family members.
|Register for the Event||Quick Tips for Attendees|
|– Click the HERE to register for this event|
– Select the General Audience Ticket
– Sign into Hopin or register your email
– Click the blue Continue button
|– Use Chrome, Edge or Firefox|
– Use Hopin Pre-Event Check
– Mics and cams are turned off
– Use Chat for networking
– Use Q&A to engage with speakers
– Polls may be used by speakers